What's your favorite part of Frogatto? Least favorite?

Currently; anyone who is capable of / interested in making levels has SVN access, so all the UMC (as of the last release) can be opened in the editor. Our community is still very small. :slight_smile:

My favorite partā€¦well, thereā€™s a lot of things. :slight_smile: But what catches my attention most was how pleasantly-smooth the game ran for me. Honestly, when I downloaded it, I had very little hope it would run well; I have a very weak PC and less-fancy-looking games have lagged terribly for me. Butā€¦Iā€™m not sure how it was coded so perfectly, but it runs like a dream. ^^

My least favorite part? Well actually Iā€™m pretty cool with most things, though I do feel the need to complain aboutā€¦well, about something a lot of people praised: the music. Nowā€¦it is very high quality music, the instruments are beautiful (especially the flute), and I do like a number of the songs, but the soundtrack as a whole has one noticeable problem - lack of a melody. The music is good, but itā€™s too randomly-played at times, the notes going all over the place. Itā€™s terribly un-catchy when this happens, and it happens in enough songs to be noticeable. The .ogg file ā€œFrogattoStage1ā€ is perhaps the worst offender of this. Itā€™sā€¦again, the music isnā€™t bad; itā€™s just unmemorable at times.

I hope that I donā€™t sound too harsh. ^^;

Thatā€™s probably because of how much we had to optimize it to make it run smoothly on the iPhone. :wink: Glad you like the game!

[quote=ā€œCharem, post:42, topic:25ā€]My favorite partā€¦well, thereā€™s a lot of things. :slight_smile: But what catches my attention most was how pleasantly-smooth the game ran for me. Honestly, when I downloaded it, I had very little hope it would run well; I have a very weak PC and less-fancy-looking games have lagged terribly for me. Butā€¦Iā€™m not sure how it was coded so perfectly, but it runs like a dream. ^^

My least favorite part? Well actually Iā€™m pretty cool with most things, though I do feel the need to complain aboutā€¦well, about something a lot of people praised: the music. Nowā€¦it is very high quality music, the instruments are beautiful (especially the flute), and I do like a number of the songs, but the soundtrack as a whole has one noticeable problem - lack of a melody. The music is good, but itā€™s too randomly-played at times, the notes going all over the place. Itā€™s terribly un-catchy when this happens, and it happens in enough songs to be noticeable. The .ogg file ā€œFrogattoStage1ā€ is perhaps the worst offender of this. Itā€™sā€¦again, the music isnā€™t bad; itā€™s just unmemorable at times.

I hope that I donā€™t sound too harsh. ^^;[/quote]

No, itā€™s really spot on. I think I really was making some of the music a bit too improvisational and not sticking to the mechanics of melody enough. Itā€™s really something I intend to refine as the game continues maturing

Thanks for the feedback