Some bugs from ActionJack

If Frogatto spits out a steel ball thrown by Milgram Bunny, it won’t hurt Frogatto on contact anymore. Maybe this was intentional, but I think he should be able to damage himself with them, at least on Challenging. It’d keep things interesting.

When loading the game in Central Services, the conveyor belts seem to be a little… um…

Note that you can still stand on the invisible ones, but they don’t propel you.

The game rights itself when leaving to another are and coming back, or when you die.

I seem to be able to blow bubbles up out of the water.

So, I heard y’all were having trouble with gates appearing to have a white outline.

This doesn’t look like an outline, but the gates are definitely whiter than I remember them being.

We cool?

No large white rectangle; we’re cool. 8)

Congratulations: You are a very talented frog. … haha, I’ll see if I can add a little die event to those.

EDIT:
Uh, hunh, the on_exit_water event isn’t fired for the bubbles. That sort of sinks my attempt. :confused:

Not sure if these have been noted yet, but since I don’t have time to check:

• flying plants have some hittability issues, especially WRT tongue-grabbing
  • yellow horizontal-shooting plants spawn their shot past you at point-blank range
  • the energy-shot spawns past ant-sized enemies when shooting to the side.

Since getting the new build, my load game screen doesn’t quite look the same.

Note that I can still load a game.

Hmmm… sumpthin’ missin’, here.

So, I just fell into the water without the water taking its full effect. I can’t swim, but I can walk around slowly, jump, blow bubbles, and even wall-jump. However, I can’t jump high enough to get out of the water and I can’t die. I had to quit to the title screen.

I can’t seem to reproduce this. I thought something disrupted my jump, like I hit my head on something, but I can’t figure out what.

Sorry for dropping news of an extremely vague and rare but game-breaking bug.

This doesn’t really hurt anything, but I figured I’d pass it along anyway.

If you spit out a key toward a cage, it goes behind the cage and looks like it’s in the cage. You can still grab it again and everything though.

There’s a Starburst Flower that goes through its spitting animation, sound and all, but never actually spits a ball of water. I left the level and came back, restarted the game, and tested on both difficulty levels, but it still doesn’t spit anything.

It’s this one. The second one you meet in Pinecone Park.

Just noticed as of the new build with new death effects, Shooting Plants seem to be a bit ethereal. I can walk through them, and if I spit them at another enemy, that enemy dies but the Shooting Plant does not. In fact, hitting an enemy causes it to return to its attacking state.

Also, if a shooting plant is on its back and I jump on it, I bounce off and the Shooting Plant gets up.

The red flying bugs that only appear on Challenging in the Seaside area seem to follow a similar “get up instead of dying” pattern. In fact, you can spit them out, and in mid arc they’ll hit something and then just start flying away.

The same thing happens with the little flying golden bugs and the mad bombers.

We’ve just now fixed this problem in the first enemy mentioned, the shooting plant; now it’s a matter of porting over that behavior to any other enemies that may need them.

I noticed a bug myself today. I was trying to make my own arcade level. Vertical segments. I opened up the level “Wild New Wonder” as a guide. I got a blank screen with Frogatto falling. When I placed a tile the entire level reappeared and Frogatto stopped falling through the ground and dieing.

Hey! MY bug thread! Gitcher own!

Nah, I’m just kidding. I’m proud to have started such a gathering of glitchery.

Bugs bugs and yet more bugs. :o Found a somewhat bad bug. I wanted to see how to make a level like block run. So I opened block run and looked at some stuff and then continued the game. (I opened it from the after starting the level from the arcade). And I’m pretty sure that this is not supposed to happen… Check out the attachment.

Yeah, unfortunately arcade level editing has been a bit unstable for a few months now; since we haven’t focused too much on those levels for this latest version, work on those issues hasn’t had top priority lately.