Steam Greenlight, get it ya know the lamp for the topic post? No? What ever.
Anyway so as user of steam for awhile and now that Frogatto is on Greenlight I thought I might provide some suggestions/insight on what you should add to the game in preparation for a Steam release.
- Add the access to the editor from the ESC menu, and provide a warning that level progress would be lost. B
- Auto-save feature for the editor. B
- Make it so Modules and or levels can be submitted to the Steam Workshop. A
- Main Menu Intro/moving background? B
- More levels/worlds, IE DLC? A
- More Save slots. B
- Achievements accessible from ESC menu and Steam. A
- Split screen co-op? B or A
- More “User friendly” Editor. IE Advanced (current version), and basic mode (Simplified, No labels, basic level linking, No door linking, stuff like that). B or A
- Video Tutorial on Editor. A
- A little bit more open world. This goes hand in hand with 5. As the game feels VERY linear.
- More abilities. B or A
- High Score Tracker on Steam. A
EDIT 14. Sell the OST or have it for free.
EDIT 15. Make a linking system between object and controller, people hate coding if they have never tried it.
EDIT 16. In the level properties add a music selector and a palette selector.
Over all Frogatto is great, actually AMAZING, as it is. But sadly people on the internet are never as smart as we may think hence a lot of these suggestions are so that there are less and less of these: “Omg how do u open teh editor?!? plz hlp.” or things like that. “How do i install dis mod.” So yeah great job guys keep up the AMAZING work!
P.S. I’m working on a promotional level for Steam Greenlight, 'cause why not right?