Program icon

I haven’t been on here in a long time! Anyway, I’ve gotten back into the game recently after forgetting about it for a year or two, and came to the site to see if there was a new version. To my surprise I saw it was no longer free; I gave the 1.3 dev build a try (oops) and the graphics alone got me to buy it :stuck_out_tongue: All is well, except the icon does not show:

I’ve restarted and reinstalled several times and it’s still that way (and I tried putting the picture in manually but it didn’t let me). The icon actually was fine in the build I first downloaded, strangely. I’m using OS X 10.6.6 and purchased it from the Mac App Store.

This is hardly important at all (and I apologise for creating a thread just for this), but I just thought I’d let you know if it’s something easy to fix in a future version (or if I’ve missed something obvious)! :slight_smile:

I’m never 100% absolutely positively sure I got something right (or software would have no bugs, ever), but I’m pretty darn sure I didn’t release it with icon problems.

What you might try is rebuilding your “LaunchServices Database” - the file that caches all the icons on your mac. If this ever get corrupted, it tends to manifest like you described. To do this, you’d run the following command in Terminal.app:

Let it run until it shows a new prompt for an additional command (which is unix’s way of saying it just finished the last command). Then restart your computer, and see if the problem goes away.

Example of someone with a similar problem:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3243206?tstart=0

That didn’t do it :frowning: Thanks for the response though!