Murky Mire?

I downloaded the Mac ‘development package’ from this page, and managed to open a level named ‘Murky Mire.’ I just want to ask what it is for? Is it a contender for a future game level, or just an experiment? Just because I think it’s your best level yet, the mist effects are very cool and the music is at a new high. 8)

You nailed it; it’s a successful experiment, and (with some additional changes) will be a new level, later.

We’re adding a bunch of levels (and a whole bunch of storyline) to the forest area, which is currently really boring. We have almost no levels for that, and I’ve been slowly building up the necessary content.

The big things that are missing are:

• I need to draw and code a bunch of new monsters.
  • I need to draw the interiors for forest houses.
  • I need to design the actual levels, and script their events.

So it’s gonna be a while. :-\

[quote=“Jetrel, post:2, topic:176”]You nailed it; it’s a successful experiment, and (with some additional changes) will be a new level, later.

We’re adding a bunch of levels (and a whole bunch of storyline) to the forest area, which is currently really boring. We have almost no levels for that, and I’ve been slowly building up the necessary content.

The big things that are missing are:

• I need to draw and code a bunch of new monsters.
  • I need to draw the interiors for forest houses.
  • I need to design the actual levels, and script their events.

So it’s gonna be a while. :-[/quote]

Oh. :frowning: Glad to hear you’re building up the forest area though, I too found it a bit too repetitive. Plans sound great though, very excited :smiley:

It would be really cool if there were an area of the level where the wind is needed to guide you across pits… as well as mushrooms that release spores into the wind. (which might be too annoying and infuriating both to implement and to contend with for novice gamers.)

Being forced to get extra momentum from wind to clear a pit is an interesting idea. That hadn’t occurred to me.

Being forced to get extra momentum from wind to clear a pit is an interesting idea. That hadn’t occurred to me.[/quote]

Check out 1:50 of this video.

The wind effect gives the level and entirely different dynamic! It has the potential to be a lot of fun. :slight_smile: The effect should prolly be used sparingly to maximize the fun factor.

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB8_ZMqi4tM THIS