Missing README

I just downloaded Frogatto_1.1.1_Win.zip, and it contains no Readme-File,
and no other documentation.

There should be at least a short description, reference to website/forum,
and a list of the commandline-parameters and hotkeys.

This would also be a nice place to explain how to set a language,
and that status-upload thing…

[quote=“HaJo, post:1, topic:234”]I just downloaded Frogatto_1.1.1_Win.zip, and it contains no Readme-File,
and no other documentation.

There should be at least a short description, reference to website/forum,
and a list of the commandline-parameters.

This would also be a nice place to explain how to set a language,
and that status-upload thing…[/quote]

“Readme” files are contemptible. They’re currently created for no reason other than tradition. They had a place, in the 1990s, when people didn’t have internet connections, and when software couldn’t reasonably embed documentation inside itself (a lack of OS-support for help files), but that time is past, and so is theirs. Anything that could go in a readme is already on our website.

So no, thanks for asking, but we’re not doing that. I feel very, very strongly about this. What we are likely to do, down the road, is embed much of what you’re asking for in an in-game help system. But we’re not making a readme file unless a packager for a given platform deliberately creates one in spite of this.

Please don’t dispute this, or try to make some appeal based on “how things are supposed to be done” - you’re just wasting your time if you do.

The good thing about frogatto is that it is, at its core, a very easy game that anyone can pick up and play almost immediately. I am not sure what a read-it guide would offer, except perhaps taking some of our attention away from working on actual content for future releases or solidifying our bases for current releases - in which case I am with Jetryl in regards to this.

The game is incredibly basic already and we have a tutorial already if memory serves me correctly. It’s basic, but that’s one of the things that makes the game fun.

Nah, it’s not about time, it’s about “wrong ways to do stuff”. We actually wrote one at one point, and pulled it. I mean, it takes like … 5min.

We should get to work on that in-game help. :wink: