Gamepad issue: arrows not respond

The game does not give any response on pressing gamepad arrow keys. Rest buttons are okay. Gamepad works fine with all other games, and two different gamepads were tested, both of them are low-end Genius though.
So thats the issue. Is any additional info needed for it to be solved? I’m running it on eeetop 1611 with atom cpu and OS linux xubuntu 12.04

If you hit escape, and go into the controls menu, can you redefine the directional controls there?

Hi, I’m playing your game on a iMac with F310 Logitech gamepad, the controllers seem all messed up. How can I fix this? You can’t seem to redefine it.

We’ll bounce this off someone on the team who has better experience with gamepad support. I don’t play with a gamepad since I’ve always been a keyboard guy (keyboards feel more natural to me). I do actually have a logitech gamepad, but it doesn’t work natively with frogatto - I’ve always assumed that nothing was going to support it correctly (none of my emulators or really absolutely any of my games do), and that to use it with anything I’d have to map it in USB OverDrive.

:frowning: I hope we can sort this out for you; we’ve “fixed” our gamepad support several times, and each time it seems to come back that it’s fixed for that individual person, and is broken for other people. At worst, I’m hoping we’re not in a situation where by fixing it for one person, we’ve actually broken it for someone else it used to work for.

Thanks for taking an interest in my case, I really appreciate it!

I maybe can give some advice on how maybe to tackle the problem by the roots.
There are only a few basic gamepads/controllers that are mainly used in the world.
For instance: F310 Logitech (The basic model), Xbox 360 controller, Razer Onza & Saitek Rumble.
This are all basic models and have simpler structure in comparison to there more advance sisters and brothers. (For example the F310 to the F510)
If you map them out for this set of controllers, you normally shouldn’t have a problem at all!

[quote=“Jetrel, post:4, topic:275”]We’ll bounce this off someone on the team who has better experience with gamepad support.

I do actually have a logitech gamepad, but it doesn’t work natively with frogatto - I’ve always assumed that nothing was going to support it correctly…

:frowning: I hope we can sort this out for you; we’ve “fixed” our gamepad support several times, and each time it seems to come back that it’s fixed for that individual person, and is broken for other people. At worst, I’m hoping we’re not in a situation where by fixing it for one person, we’ve actually broken it for someone else it used to work for.[/quote]

I recently had a look at how the Anura code handles joysticks and gamepads, and I was wondering if anyone could let me know whether Jetrel’s concerns are still current? I have a little experience coding this kind of thing so I may be able help (possibly).