Frogatto Finale?

I redid the harspichord finale for frogatto. It’s a got a little more breathing room now.

https://soundcloud.com/ryanreilly/frogattoharpsichordfinale

Something i worked up today. Kinda of in the throes of a creative maelstrom. Working on making more cohesive soundfonts. Deeper compositions with greater clarity and better sectional development. Definitely my best work yet in terms of recent work

https://soundcloud.com/ryanreilly/frogatto-village-or-chill-or

Alright; I’ll give these a listen in an hour here, before I hit the hay tonight!

The first one sounds medieval. I found this interesting youtube the other day. At 6:30, he compares an ET major triad to a perfect major triad, and notes that the latter sounds more folksy.

When I get reasonable recording equipment, I’ll probably try it myself.

That second song sounds absolutely beautiful. If you ask me, that sounds like it would fit beautifully for a staff roll/credits theme, mainly due to how the song transitions throughout. Wonderful…makes me nostalgic.

Can you flag both of these to be downloadable?

They’re both great - the harpsichord one is a massive, massive improvement over what we’ve got now for the ending scene.

The second one is also brilliant; I can see a lot of different potential uses for it. The mixing on both of these is buttery-smooth. 8)

The first one might be more interesting. I thought the harpsichord’s harshness went well with the more staccato sounds, particularly at 0.48-1.15, 3.53-4.02, 5.35-5.43. and 6.00-6.40.
From 3.53 to 4.02, I particularly liked how the guitar jumped around. It bestowed a pensive feel fitting for a room full of traps or a puzzle. 6.20 to 6.40 has this feeling too.
6.57 to 7.45 is cool too.

Yikes, I better get cleaning…

Thanks dudes and dudettes!

Downloads are ready

I am definitely going to release cd at some point so I won’t be leaving the dl’s up

[quote author=Phanterm link=topic=545.msg3235#msg3235 date=1377022674]
that sounds like it would fit beautifully for a staff roll/credits theme, mainly due to how the song transitions throughout.
Hmmm. You may have a point there. The music is largely emphasized as an overture and would probably stand to be better used in more important points in the game, not just as an area theme.

Got 'em.

good man