French

Since I’ve no clue on how to submit the file, I’ll do it from here.

EDIT: So here is the last version (10/14/2010 10:20 GMT)

fr.po (104.5 KB)

Dialog width checking script

I’ve added ‘fr’ to the Makefile as well and it looks nice (I’ve had french in school but were very bad at it). May I commit it to SVN (Development repository of frogatto), manu?

Of course

Hi all,

I’ve updated the fr.po file (see joint file.)

It’s still WIP, but it’s 99% translated so far.

I still have to review the po in game, while correcting a few remaining typos, and I guess watch the newlines.

Comments appreciated :slight_smile:

Best regards.

2010-12-13-frogatto-fr.po.zip (39.2 KB)

Great ! I will test it tonight 8)

edit : hum… how to use this file ? Were should I copy it and what has to be setup ?

Thanks !

Sorry I haven’t come for quite a long time: I’ve been very busy (and a bit lazy) lately.

Bertram, you should create an account on http://www.transifex.net/ so it’ll be easier to upload a file.

EDIT: so at long last fr.po is 100% completed (and by 100% completed I mean I change the status of fuzzy translations)!
Bertram, I’ve changed some of your translations, I hope you won’t mind.

Hi manu,

Bertram, you should create an account on http://www.transifex.net/ so it'll be easier to upload a file.
I'll create an account there. :)
EDIT: so at long last fr.po is 100% completed (and by 100% completed I mean I change the status of fuzzy translations)! Bertram, I've changed some of your translations, I hope you won't mind.
No problem. Can you summarize what you changed so I don't do the same mistake next time. Was it sufficiently good, did I get the right tone?

Best regards.

May I insist ?

Thanks !

You need a recent version with translation support - I’m not sure 1.0.3 had it yet. So get the latest svn, compile the game, and run
make update-mo
after that, the game will load the appropriate language, based on your locale setting. I assume it’s French?
By the way, sorry for the late answer. ;D

Thank you ! So, I am gonna try to compile this project… ;D

edit : project compiled. Now in french. My children are happy. And me too. ;D
Thank you for the help & for this nice game !

Hi all :slight_smile:

I’ve updated the fr.po file marcavis just gave me tonight.

I’m open for review :wink:

Best regards.

26.04.2011 - Frogatto_frogattopot_fr-bertram.po (110.6 KB)

Ok, here’s what I’ve changed:
1503 “En tout cas”… -> “Bon”: I think “Bon” is better to get back to a topic

1551 and 2267 “Ca” -> “?a”

EDIT: by the way, has the svn server changed? I got a connection timeout the last few times I’ve tried to update.

fr.po (110.6 KB)

The svn server did change - see the source page for details about switching. Sorry about that; it was pretty unavailable though, as we had to move to a new server.

Ok, thanks