Compile the rpg module - how?

Hi all,
I’m looking for instructions for how to compile the rpg game ? I know I have it on IRC somewhere but it’s not there either in frogatto nor it is there in the rpg module. Can somebody either point to a quick link or write it out somewhere how to compile as it’s not there in the module :frowning:

Please put it in it’s appropriate place if it’s not in the appropriate corner.

Hi!

I may be wrong, but if you compile the source from github, you will find a file in the folder that’s simply called rpg. So if you run that in a terminal (instead of the file called game, which starts the regular game) you’ll get the rpg-style game-play. But it seems highly experimental to me, I guess it only shows how the rpg-style looks like, it’s not really a game, only an experimental stage.

[quote=“Darvon, post:2, topic:281”]Hi!

I may be wrong, but if you compile the source from github, you will find a file in the folder that’s simply called rpg. So if you run that in a terminal (instead of the file called game, which starts the regular game) you’ll get the rpg-style game-play. But it seems highly experimental to me, I guess it only shows how the rpg-style looks like, it’s not really a game, only an experimental stage.[/quote]

I am currently compiling. As far as the file ‘INSTALL’ it just says to do a ‘make’ . I have made a repo at ~/games/frogatto/ and compiling therein. Dunno if there is something else to be done in order to play the experimental rpg.

Update: Done and it works. Btw does anybody how can I change the settings so I don’t have the game full-screen ?

Regarding this rpg - the only thing you can do at the moment is walk around. No combat, no levelling, no real interaction.

I’m primarily concerned about getting the environment art, and then getting the player animations ironed out before investigating that (the first thing to be done is naturally going to be combat, since that is the most important thing to do).

[quote=“Jetrel, post:4, topic:281”]Regarding this rpg - the only thing you can do at the moment is walk around. No combat, no levelling, no real interaction.

I’m primarily concerned about getting the environment art, and then getting the player animations ironed out before investigating that (the first thing to be done is naturally going to be combat, since that is the most important thing to do).[/quote]

Cool, it would have been nice to also give the answer for how to play/interact in windowed mode with specific resolution as well, please.

I really have no idea why it’s running in fullscreen. I checked the “rpg” shell script you launched, and the module.cfg file for Weregild (which is the working title for the rpg), and neither of them say that it should run in fullscreen.

The other, and preferred way to do this is to just run the game with the commandline argument --module=weregild

I don’t know what this “game” thing is, because I don’t use our makefile - don’t know if it’s some autogenerated shell script (which might have a fullscreen option in it), or the actual executable binary (which I’d expect to instead be named “frogatto”). Barring that, there might be some fullscreen thing saved in your preferences file, which is inside ~/.frogatto/

Yeah, ‘game’ is what the Frogatto binary. You could try hitting ctrl-f to make it un-full-screen, perhaps.

o.k. now it’s called simply ./rpg but there seems to be nothing new in the game so far. I’m guessing it’s going to take its own time.