Ubuntu problem with libboost_regex

Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit:

When trying to start the game from the menu nothign happens.
When trying to start the game from the terminal the following error:

*****@*****-laptop:~$ frogatto ./game: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_regex.so.1.42.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked from Synaptics and I have the libboost-regex1.40.0.
Please note that it is written differently.
No update available for this.
I cannot find a “deb” file ready to download…and I am not good at compiling from source…

Another guy that seems to have the same problem posted here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1703871

Thank you.

[quote=“dstilio, post:1, topic:162”]*****@*****-laptop:~$ frogatto ./game: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_regex.so.1.42.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked from Synaptics and I have the libboost-regex1.40.0.
Please note that it is written differently.[/quote]

Exactly, that?s your problem. Your frogatto executable is linked against Boost.regex 1.42.0 and you have 1.40.0 installed instead ? those are different, binary-incompatible versions.

Perhaps your distribution?s main or backport repository(ies) have Boost 1.42.0 around. Otherwise your only option might be compiling from source.

Someone gave the solution here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1703871

Basically, you need to first install any hex editor from the repositories. Then, open /usr/local/games/frogatto/game in the hex editor. Next, search for a line of text containing: Code: libboost_regex.so.1.42.0.libboost_system.so.1.42.0. And change it to: Code: libboost_regex.so.1.40.0.libboost_system.so.1.40.0. Works like a charm!

Could someone fix the “.deb” file so that it can support also Ubuntu 10.04? I think this is useful as 10.04 is an LTS (stable version) and is installed by a lot of users that do not want to constantly update their installation.