Some bugs from ActionJack

ActionJack: Hey, if you’re documenting bugs? I got a few more I noticed.
ActionJack: When Frogatto falls to his death in Hidden Depths and screams “I can’t fly!” he can still shoot his tongue, which comes from above his head.
ActionJack: Vegetables spat offscreen don’t explode until you walk toward them.
ActionJack: If you stand on two crumbly tiles at once, only one will deteriorate.
ActionJack: The power from the guy in the secluded hut fires faster if you change the angle of your aim.
ActionJack: I got the achievement “Frogourmet” in the caves before Milgram’s Castle, well before having met all the enemies.

[quote=“Jetrel, post:1, topic:306”]ActionJack: Hey, if you’re documenting bugs? I got a few more I noticed.
ActionJack: When Frogatto falls to his death in Hidden Depths and screams “I can’t fly!” he can still shoot his tongue, which comes from above his head.[/quote]
Yeah, this is a spot where our “good enough” tongue positioning? isn’t.

ActionJack: I got the achievement "Frogourmet" in the caves before Milgram's Castle, well before having met all the enemies.
Hmm, strange, that's a bit early - though we've added some enemies since we last updated the Frogourmet achievement.

Cool! My own bug thread! I guess I’ll just put them here as I find them, unless otherwise directed.

Frogatto’s tongue sound doesn’t happen when he’s running.

Most dialogue is accompanied by a raspberry sound as the first line of text appears. But when Frogatto is about to enter Milgram’s throne room and says that he should make sure he’s accomplished everything before he goes any further, the raspberry doesn’t happen until the END of the text.

Nitpick express! But probably also easy to fix, so figured I’d say something.

Sound loops already playing don’t have their volume updated.

MOD EDIT: (Now?) they just don’t have their volume updated before resuming the game, which is still a bit incorrect, but it’s probably good enough.

And there’s a dialogue-trigger-raspberry sound that triggers when you walk immediately to the left of Frogatto’s house, but no dialogue happens. I’m not talking about the one further left where Frogatto says “such a beautiful view from here,” there’s a blank one on the bridge to the right of that.

Yeah, I’ve turned those off. There are a lot of those hanging there with no user-visible thing happening, but with some invisible controller-object firing it.

I can buy the tongue-extender and heart upgrades as many times as I want. They all stack.

MOD EDIT: Fixed Aug 26, 2012

It’s amazing how Frogatto manages to swallow anything with that amount of tongue.

How about THIS MUCH TONGUE???

Well, here’s an interesting one…

There’s a place in the first cave area of Bon Bosque where if I do a running jump and do a downward diagonal tongue attack, the outline of my tongue will stay there. Also, Frogatto gets a frozen angry face pasted over his regular face. It doesn’t bounce up and down like his face during his idle animation, and sometimes it turns at completely random times but that seems to have little to do with which direction I’m actually facing.

This only seems to happen to the right of the switch-activated gate, and the tongues and face disappear if I leave the area.

(the tongue is only that long because of an entirely different bug that’s already been fixed)

:o

In Central Services, I at the part where there are those spring-loaded spears above the conveyer belt leading to a 5-coin, I got the coin, then fell off the side into the spikes, wherein I died, respawned above the place… and then took half a heart’s worth of damage for some reason.

Oh, and more reproducibly… if you fall into instant-death spike while still invincibility-blinking from previous damage, they’ll just injure you for half a heart when you stop blinking.

Saw some flickering of purple horizontal lines during Blocks Arcade Run.

This probably shouldn’t happen.

Oh weird. If you use that frozen-tongue glitch in the water, you can’t swim anymore. But you can still blow bubbles, and can’t jump (or wall-jump) high enough to get out.

Here, it seems that even though the wall is behind me, my tongue still gets stuck on it.

Jumping into Airplane Kitty’s propellers doesn’t hurt you.

Hmm, having the tongue have a slightly too permissive hitbox isn’t nearly as bad as the behavior in 1.0, where the tongue had to graphically connect with an enemy to grab it. This, along with the fact that we didn’t have 8-way tongue attacks back then, sometimes made swallowing enemies on slopes an exercise in frustration.