[solved] Compilation fails under Debian

Hi,

I do not succeed in compiling frogatto in Lenny :

ccache g++ -DIMPLEMENT_SAVE_PNG -fno-inline-functions -g -O2 -fno-inline-functions `sdl-config --cflags` -I/usr/X11R6/include -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wreturn-type -fthreadsafe-statics -c src/custom_object.cpp src/custom_object.cpp: In member function ?virtual variant custom_object::get_value_by_slot(int) const?: src/custom_object.cpp:1554: error: ?class game_logic::map_formula_callable_ptr? has no member named ?reset? src/custom_object.cpp: In member function ?virtual void custom_object::set_value(const std::string&, const variant&)?: src/custom_object.cpp:1869: error: ?class game_logic::formula_variable_storage_ptr? has no member named ?reset? src/custom_object.cpp:1870: error: ?class game_logic::formula_variable_storage_ptr? has no member named ?reset? src/custom_object.cpp: In member function ?virtual void custom_object::set_value_by_slot(int, const variant&)?: src/custom_object.cpp:1889: error: ?class game_logic::formula_variable_storage_ptr? has no member named ?reset? src/custom_object.cpp:1890: error: ?class game_logic::formula_variable_storage_ptr? has no member named ?reset? make: *** [custom_object.o] Erreur 1

Any clues ?

It sounds like the version of Boost you have is too old. Try upgrading your version of Boost to latest stable and try again.

Thank’s for your answer.

Well, the drawback of using the “stable” debian is that most software is fairly old…
I think I have version 1.35 and that I might have 1.40 or 1.42 (from testing I guess)

Sould 1.40 do the trick ?

I think that Boost 1.42 should work fine.

I’m using Boost 1.37 on Mac, for Frogatto.

Arf … not as simple as expected !

Les paquets suivants contiennent des d?pendances non satisfaites : libboost1.40-dev: D?pend: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0) mais 4.3.2-1.1 devra ?tre install?

I dont want to leave stable debian … and upgrading libstdc++ means that … so too bad but I will not test frogatto :frowning:

Okay, that file compiles for me successfully on latest Debian Lenny. Make sure you don’t have Boost 1.34 packages mixed there ? it should work just fine with Boost 1.35, which is what I have installed (with no packages from unstable or testing).

EDIT: oh, it compiled everything, and it also runs.

That was it !

I had some 1.34 libs remaining. After upgrading all them to 1.35, the compilation is sucessfull.

Thank’s for your help.