On 64-bit the frog keeps walking to the left

I just compiled this game on slackware64 13.0 and when it starts the frog immediately starts walking left. It responds to commands but will never walk to the right. If you press right it will just stop, and if you release it walks left again. Other commands seem to work normally.

Do you have any kind of joystick or game controller connected? There are problems with some joysticks that will cause this.

I have fixed the problem, but I think you should add a way to disable any joysticks. Actually, I don’t have any joysticks, but interestingly some of my keyboard buttons are picked up as joysticks, and this causes problems. I had to manually disable the joystick in the source code … not the best way.

I have the same problem. I’m running Arch Linux 64-bit on a Dell Vostro 1500. I also have an IOGear MiniView USB KVM Switch (GCS634U). I have to unplug the KVM USB cable before starting otherwise I get the walking to the left problem. After the program starts I can plug the KVM back in and all is well. I’ve seen this behavior on another game recently but can’t remember what it was. I can look for it if that would be any help.