Multiplayer

Please add multiplayer ^^

Well, then you’ll be glad to hear that is actually on the works. :slight_smile:

Actually the biggest reason we just switched version control systems (from svn to git) was to make it easier to work on cool new stuff like multiplayer while also continuing to make bugfix releases, etc.

I can’t wait to see how this works. High hopes for this feature!

SUPER COOL!!! ^^

Warning: this will not be trivial.
Getting the fleet of supporting stuff we need to make MP work is going to be an enormous effort.

As difficult as it may be to implement MP in our game, that’s not going to stop us from getting it done. It never stops us. We come, we see, we conquer. (This is the way we roll!) :smiley:

Are there plans to add single machine multiplayer (split screen or shared screen)?

Not at the moment, no.

I think I see why. The [tt]graphics[/tt] namespace was designed with single display/viewport in mind.
There is support for clipping (using gl scissoring), but, according to [tt]grep[/tt], it isn’t actually used anywhere in the source.

Adding support for multiple viewports would probably require more work than the perceived gain… Especially fiddling with view coordinates (there is OpenGL matrix stack for this, but still).
Only two use cases I can think of is split screen and mini-map (small and zoomed-out render of level in a corner of the screen). Neither would have much use on handhelds.