Mortimer's speech bubble

The first time you talk to Mortimer, the speech bubble pointy thingy that indicates that he’s the one talking is missing throughout the conversation. Screenshot attached (“Ostensibly, I am a mole.”).

Well, that is a thing that can happen if Frogatto’s counterpart in the conversation is so far to the edge that (I presume) the speech arrow wouldn’t show up correctly. Interestingly I wasn’t able to reproduce this on that conversation with Milgram, but I’ve seen it happen elsewhere.

So, this might be fixed by positioning Frogatto a bit closer to Mortimer, perhaps? Frogatto was positioned by the game and not me, so it should be doable.

BTW I am running the game in 800x600 resolution.

We could have mortimer just walk over to Frogatto if he’s off-screen. However, that just looks like a bug with the arrow-drawing code.

Maybe this happens when Frogatto runs to the left after starting the interaction, instead of just walking; thus frogatto would go too far from Mortimer to see the latter’s speech arrow.
I have no idea why Frogatto runs in those occasions, though.

That’s it IMHO, Frogatto walks too far left. When I hit the button to start the conversation, he was standing right in front of Mortimer.

I bet Frogatto runs because we send the ‘key down’ input when we set the control lock, and this counts as the second ‘tap’ of a double-tap run.