[latest git] got an ASSERT in Frogatto. Thought it'll b useful to Report it

Hi!, I’m totally new here, except that I’m quite familiar with the game: I finished Frogatto on Mac (v1.1.1), then on iPad (v1.2), and now I was going to play through the latest version too, in order to appreciate the enhancements in the code, game-wise :stuck_out_tongue:

BUT while playing the latest version of Frogatto (compiled from the version from Github downloaded on April 27, 1:00am) I got this ASSERT:

LOADED LEVEL: 0x1c22600
PLAY: 0x1db3800 ambient/wind-blustery.ogg -> 0
PLAY: 0x1db3800 ambient/wind-blustery.ogg -> 1
PLAY: 0x1db3e00 ambient/ocean.ogg -> 2
PLAY: 0x1db3e00 ambient/ocean.ogg -> 3
PREVIOUS LEVEL: splash-hop.cfg

ERROR: base_proto IS NOT A VALID FUNCTION
ERROR: type error: expected function but found null null
At data/objects/enemies/bugs/ant_gold.cfg 18:
[base_proto(‘ant’, ‘process_walk’), set(accel_x,350)]
^

^

FORMULA: data/objects/enemies/bugs/ant_gold.cfg 18 (column 18)[base_proto(‘ant’, ‘process_walk’), set(accel_x,350)]
/Users/InquisitorK/GameDevelopment/frogatto/MacOS/…/src/variant.cpp:121 ASSERTION FAILED: type error
^

I thought it could be useful to report it.

PS. I’m loving the game and engine, hope to start working with it soon :slight_smile:

InquirerK.

Yep; dave just overhauled the way prototypes inherit behavior - literally just the other night, and it looks like you’ve caught something we overlooked. Thanks!

Yeah, I just noticed that there was no “on_process_walk” line onto the stable v1.2’s ant_gold.cfg file nor the ant.cfg.

Well, in the actual game, whenever Frogatto approaches the place where the golden ant is supposed to be, the game immediately crashes; I suppose it is because the ant_gold intends to get active and enter the walk animation, and falls into the issue. I was actually going to try to solve it, as my first exercise with the engine code, but if it is on the works I better dont mess around :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, glad if what I found had been overlooked, so it was a little bit useful my first post :slight_smile:

InquirerK

Well, and, by just commenting that line the problem gets fixed, as I could not really find the need for that line neither (I could not understand the use). And well, actually everything worked perfectly after removing the line: the golden ants seemed to behave properly and even the Golden Ant Quest worked fine for me.

InquirerK.

PS. Those new elevator graphs are awesome!! :o

Yay! Problem solved.
More specifically, implemented a version of your fix. Thanks for catching that one.

Great thanks!