I'm stuck :( [Solved]

First of all, I downloaded this game from Apple a few days ago and I’m really pleased with it. One of my favourite games I’ve ever played.

I’m in the Dungeon Crawling level in Milgram’s castle, and I can’t figure out how to defeat or get past the kitten boss on a robot with wheels. I’ve tried jumping on it and drilling into it like I do with the normal kittens, I’ve tried running against the wall to rebound onto the platform above it, but nothing works. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Just throw stuff at it; there’s a pod dispenser right above there. :wink:

OMG, it worked! Thank you so much!!! :smiley:

I’m in the battle with Milgram in his throne room at the moment. I haven’t defeated him yet, but I thought I should give some feedback. I really don’t like having to wait through all the speech when I lose to refight him, and I also think the time that he’s out of the screen after walking past Frogatto should be decreased. Otherwise, it’s fine.

Overall, I’d give the game 5.8 out of 6. Lots of fun and quite a bit of gameplay. A suggestion I have is to make more “extras” like the Fan House, I enjoyed that. :smiley:

Actually, in 1.0.2 you should be able to press escape to skip dialogs. :slight_smile:

It works! THANKS!

I decided that rather than flood the forum with another thread, I’d use this one. I’m stuck too, because I am stupid.

I’m in the Killer Bunnies level in the castle and came to where the block-like boss was. I killed the boss, got the key and left it there. Yes, I did not think to actually open the door, because that would have been too convenient, apparently. Well, I went back to check if I missed anything, saved (yes, I did mention I was a moron) and died. Now when I go where the door with the lock is, there is no boss and no key, but there still is a locked door.

I don’t expect anyone can help, as this is not a game feature but my own thickness that’s causing the problem. Leaving the area or reloading the game don’t help, as I saved the game after I beat the boss, before I died. But if someone knows of a way to get past this without starting a new game, I would be more than grateful. I too hit my head on the wall with couple of places mentioned on this forum before, so a thought of going through all that again makes me more gloom than your average emo kid.

Thank you.

If you leave a key somewhere and end up going to another place, just go back to where the key originally was, and it should appear there.

Yeah, it should… but I’ve just reproduced his problem, and indeed the key didn’t respawn. We’ll take a look at this.

I hate to post one-liners as much as anybody else hates seeing them, but I must say this: I sense irony in marcavis’ signature.

I’m still unable to beat the end boss. I’ve tried going back to look for more capsules to get more health, but I can’t. I really don’t know what to do now… I’m contemplating restarting the game, but it took me so long to get to where I am now that I don’t think it’s worth it. Does anyone have any tips on what I could do to beat him? I am spitting his computer chip things at him, but those pink swirly things he creates just end up circling me, and I get killed quickly. :-\

Also, I’d really suggest the ability to save multiple games at one time being implemented into the game.

Those are not supposed to look like computer chips… but anyway, I tend to do it by most of the time being far away from him. Those purple balls are definitely the worst, but you can avoid some of them by wall jumping over them and then running to the other side; they do eventually die.

There is (as of 1.0.2) one way to beat Milgram without having to spit anything at him. It requires some planning, and a certain powerup from the General Store, to be able to do it, but it works very well.

Heh! No irony meant; I’ll send you a solution that should work, by PM.

Okay… I restarted the game last night. In 2 and a half hours of gameplay, I’m now at Dungeon Blocks. While at the store, I got +1 HP and an energy powerup, so those might help. I now have 7 HP. Maybe I’ll win this time, and hopefully the energy powerups will be ready at the right time.

No tongue lengthener? Those are pretty essential. Also, the only way that the energy powerup will help, is if you sort of “cheat”, and get it really high before going to where Milgram is. Otherwise, there’s no chance of getting the powerup while in the fight.

Nope. I’ll go buy one now. I don’t understand the energy powerup… it only seems to appear sometimes and not others, and then I’m standing there spitting energy until I’m able to pick up a key. :-\

Anyway, once I finish the game I plan to try to make a help guide / tutorial :slight_smile:

Have a look at the little green book of frogatto before you do; maybe there is some material you can use. I’ve got it all in text format, too, in case that is more convenient.

That is a good read. What I would like to do is take screenshots to make out a full level plan and write what to do, but that may easily prove hard to do. Step two would be to create a blog or such to upload to.

At the moment, I’ve only managed to get Milgram to around 45% of his health. I wish I understood the editor, then maybe I could downsize that :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Bored, I went backwards. After struggling in the Dungeon Blocks, I successfully got back to the caverns. Don’t mean to be arrogant but I’d call myself a success ;D

What you buy are powerup unlocks. Which means enemies may drop that powerup when you kill them. Once you have it, it can be lengthened by getting point cubes.

:S I’m confused… I don’t get that at all.