Help!

I just started playing Frogatto not too long ago. I am at the place where there’s a lot of houses (Elevator House, Fan House, Danger House, Central House, etc…) Can someone explain what I am suppose to do? I’ve been on this for a few days and I want to progress DX.

I got stuck there for a while as well.

Any help ?

LOL. I am still stuck there. I usually just skip ahead (game genie) but I am pretty sure you can find the answer to your question if you check out some gameplay threads that have already been made.

Just a thought. Good luck!

Okay, well thanks anyways.

Other Q’s:

1. Where’s the secret room in the Elevator House?
  2. How do you get to the basement in the Danger House?

The goal is to get into the east side of town, which is accessible through a locked gate. Since it’s locked, obviously you need a key. The key can be found in the house in the top left of the town, which is accessible by going up through the elevator house.

Good luck.

In the Danger house though, I’ve looked everywhere but I don’t know where the key is =/…

Can anyone help me with the Danger house :/?

Some say this is the hardest part of the whole game. As far as I can remember, you just go all the way to the left, you fall down, and then you have to jump across the way-too-hard-for-most-people jumping challenge, and the key is on the other side.

Yeah. In my opinion, this is a perfectly fine puzzle, but too hard for that section. If the game is supposed to gradually get more difficult as you go on, this puzzle comes way too soon.

I’m altering this as I speak; that level will get moved to the castle.

Edit: Done. That level has been almost completely rebuilt, and has a much easier ‘puzzle’ consisting of just flipping a switch to turn on an elevator. The existing puzzle is saved for a not-yet-included/finished level in milgram’s castle, known as “The North Tower”.

:frowning: It was hard, but I really like the Danger House where and how it was. The jumping blocks challenge was good (and not as hard as it appears to be made out to be) and helps with later levels, in the sense of jumping quickly and rebounding of walls.

“not as hard as it appears to be made out to be” - the thing is, it is that hard, for some people. I can do it nearly every try personally, even on the iPhone, but I’ve had a heck of a lot of practice with the controls. I think one thing Frogatto suffers from is some random “really hard” parts scattered about in the earlier levels. We don’t notice them, because we’re too good to tell what’s hard past a certain point. It’s good to have hard parts, but they should be later in the game.

You can trust me when I say that it’s not that hard. I totally suck at games; I haven’t managed to beat Milgram yet. The reason I kept playing this game is because, well, apart from the fact that the concept, storyline and gameplay are great, is that it wasn’t too hard for me.

All you have to do, from memory, in the Danger House is avoid the bombs, go through a wall and fall down, jump across some falling blocks, bounce up a passageway, grab a key, and run out with it, isn’t it? I’m remembering a little bit more, but I’m probably confusing it with other bits.

Maybe you could, rather than taking it away totally, make it a little easier to get through, and using the cut off bits as inspiration, create a few more “optional extras” such as the Fan House, golden ant catching, etc… we need more of those. Something not too hard to find, that you can go through, and always go backwards, that gets quite hard… and maybe at the end you get a health capsule. Get where I’m going?

We haven’t removed it; we’re saving it for a new level called “the north tower”, which will be exactly such an “optional extra” in milgram’s castle.

[quote=“Jetrel, post:14, topic:124”][quote author=392414 link=topic=105.msg684#msg684 date=1288521937]Maybe you could, rather than taking it away totally, make it a little easier to get through, and using the cut off bits as inspiration, create a few more “optional extras” such as the Fan House, golden ant catching, etc… we need more of those. Something not too hard to find, that you can go through, and always go backwards, that gets quite hard… and maybe at the end you get a health capsule. Get where I’m going?
[/quote]

We haven’t removed it; we’re saving it for a new level called “the north tower”, which will be exactly such an “optional extra” in milgram’s castle.[/quote]

I meant taking it away from the houses level, not the game.

Ok, some help for the houses and a question of my own.

Here are the houses in Crevice Village. The Elevator House, The Danger House, The Central House and The Fan House.

Now the level has other cool things in it outside the houses if you explore around. But if you’re getting lost and confused, here’s a simple way to think of the level. Think of it as two tiers, physically. On the bottom tier, you have the entrance to the Elevator House, a little save door, The Central House, some water, rocks and other cool stuff and the silver door that’s locked that you need to pass through to get to the next level.

On the top tier is the entrance to the Danger House and the entrance to the Fan House. The only way to get to the top tier is to go up through the Elevator House (it’s called that for a reason), and then you can either climb rocks, or take a pulley system up to the Danger House, which is located almost dead above the Elevator House (and the door is locked with a gold lock). Once up there, if you stay up there and jump from rock to rock, on the other end you’ll find The Fan House.

The key for the Danger House is located in the Elevator House, and as for that secret room, [hint]I’d check behind some of those cages,[/hint] but that’s just me.

Once you get in the Danger House, it’s a two room house. You have to get past the first room of bombs…I suggest a combination of running, jumping, not panicking, and not getting frustrated the first dozen times you die. :wink: When you move into the next room, you may notice a water cooler–there work just like water fountains. Hit the up button, and you get your hearts filled up. The second part of the Danger Room yes, does take some fleet footedness, or fleet fingeredness, but it isn’t as hard as you think. There’s only one jump where you have to rebound, and if you don’t rush it, don’t get anxious and don’t panic, you should get it pretty easily. At the other end is a silver key–it will unlock the gate to the next level. What I do, is I get the key, go down and unlock the gate, save my progress, and then go back and go into the Central House, the Fan House, and do the other stuff on the level. I’ve unlocked the gate, I don’t need to, but I like playing them. If you do that, you will have to go back up through the Elevator House to get back up to the Fan House…for me, it’s worth it.

If you’re thinking about getting through the level and going back and playing the houses later on in the game when you’re better, stop. You can’t do that. [minor spoiler]There’s a boss on the next level, and once you beat it, everyone is freed from their cages, and the houses change. Which means all the stuff you can collect, and the hidden things to find, gone.

Out of curiosity, when you go back to the fan house after why do the lifts not work?

[quote=“Jetrel, post:14, topic:124”][quote author=392414 link=topic=105.msg684#msg684 date=1288521937]Maybe you could, rather than taking it away totally, make it a little easier to get through, and using the cut off bits as inspiration, create a few more “optional extras” such as the Fan House, golden ant catching, etc… we need more of those. Something not too hard to find, that you can go through, and always go backwards, that gets quite hard… and maybe at the end you get a health capsule. Get where I’m going?
[/quote]

We haven’t removed it; we’re saving it for a new level called “the north tower”, which will be exactly such an “optional extra” in milgram’s castle.[/quote]

Hmmm…I guess one of the nice pieces about it early on, I learned timing and jump ability that I needed later, very quickly actually, and I got to learn it in a “safe environment.” I wasn’t being attacked by anything, and if I failed, I respawned a fraction of a second away from where I’d started without losing anything. It was a bit like a sandbox, or a practice level, except that because I needed that key, it was mandatory. In a sense it forced patience on me and it forced me to learn what I needed. I wouldn’t have been able to do the other houses, or beat the next boss, or make it through the forest without that level. Or, I would have, but I would have died a lot more, and it would have been less fun and I might have lost patience with the game. And also, to make it through those bombs, which I still consider difficult, for only a flip switch…it’s a let down really. Just my two cents.