Heart pillar in Gnarled Knoll?

I found this weird pillar near the right-hand exit out of Gnarled Knoll.
It looks like one of the teleporters, but doesn’t light up and has a small heart in the middle.
Anyone know what it is?

Found another one in the next section over, which worked.
This one seems to be bugged. Or maybe it’s activated by coins?
Tried with full and damaged health, to no avail.

It only works in the other direction; you can teleport TO there, not FROM there.

Yep.

Some teleporters are one-way.

Perhaps a different graphic for the exit-only ones?
Right now they look identical until you actually hop on top of them.

Ahh, was wondering about this myself. But where is the teleporter to go TO there located?

[quote=“AileTheAlien, post:5, topic:129”]Perhaps a different graphic for the exit-only ones?
Right now they look identical until you actually hop on top of them.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s deliberate. It’s meant to be mysterious and confusing. It’s meant to be something for the player to explore through trial and error.

That said - I really should have a -working- example (especially of a one-way teleport) earlier in the game; it might be a little too confusing if you encounter it for the first time, and it makes no sense what it’s supposed to do.

[quote=“tartaros, post:6, topic:129”][quote author=crimson_penguin link=topic=110.msg691#msg691 date=1288639049]
It only works in the other direction; you can teleport TO there, not FROM there.
[/quote]

Ahh, was wondering about this myself. But where is the teleporter to go TO there located?[/quote]

A secret place. It’s on the same level, but if I gave it away, it wouldn’t be much of a secret, now would it? ::slight_smile:

Found it…the scary thing is, at least in terms of people who posted records, I have the most coins, but I hadn’t found that. Which leaves me wondering how many things I still haven’t found.

[quote=“Jetrel, post:7, topic:129”]Yeah, that’s deliberate. It’s meant to be mysterious and confusing. It’s meant to be something for the player to explore through trial and error.

That said - I really should have a -working- example (especially of a one-way teleport) earlier in the game; it might be a little too confusing if you encounter it for the first time, and it makes no sense what it’s supposed to do.[/quote]

If you think about it, the one in[spoiler]Bon Bosque is kinda a perfect prequel to this one, only it comes later in the game. Speaking of mysterious designs, why on earth do the little metal shooter things have hearts engraved in the middle of them?

EDIT: Nvm…just realized that that one is a two-way one, though I don’t know why, because you can really only go one way…unless people can do some sorta crazy jump I can’t

Because they love you.

Honestly we’re just using that as a recurring motif for kicks.

Because they love you.

Honestly we’re just using that as a recurring motif for kicks.[/quote]

So I spent forever trying to see if they were killable in some way because I thought the heart meant something, and it was just for kicks?

head bang

[quote=“tartaros, post:11, topic:129”][quote author=Jetrel link=topic=110.msg838#msg838 date=1292488272]

Because they love you.

Honestly we’re just using that as a recurring motif for kicks.
[/quote]

So I spent forever trying to see if they were killable in some way because I thought the heart meant something, and it was just for kicks?

head bang[/quote]

Neorice puts hearts on everything because it’s just like… his logo, or his callsign or something.

See, this is his DA icon - it’s got a heart in it.
This is his photo - it’s got a heart in it too.
Hell, here’s a random picture, and he put it on Burk’s head as an insignia.