Game props - Brainstorming Thread

Do you folks have ideas of new props that we can add to levels, to spice things up?
Just now I was thinking of these two, for the dungeon levels:

1. A punch clock for the kitties;
  2. In “employee of the month” frame.

While a couple of pictures of Milgram on the walls could make sense, as I don’t think he would be strongly opposed to that kind of vanity, there’s the issue that that would spoil players about what he looks like, so I’m not too sure there.

Hm,
[ul][li]Home ? Sweet ? Home[/li]
[li]Break room?[/li]
[li] A couple of novels on a stone bookshelf.[/li]
[li] A flowery Hawaiian shirt.[/li]
[li]Desk, perhaps with secretary kitty.[/li]
[li]Funny dungeon-themed motivational poster.[/li]
[li]Eyewash station.[/li]
[li]A roll of chain, for the purple thwomps’ chain.[/li]
[li]Perhaps a workstation running a copy of Frogatto. Silly kitties, you shouldn’t be playing games at work. :stuck_out_tongue: [/li]
[li]Kitchen, especially for the brewing of tea.[/li]
[li]Directional signs. Processing ? . Basement Access ? .[/li][/ul]
Take what you will; it’s a rather raw brainstorming list - it has some enteries I myself might veto. However, I think it’s good to get them out there.

In Jazz Jackrabbit there were this signposts “Rabbits stink” and posters “Kill this rabbit” with Jazz’s picture on them. Maybe a shout out to this with a wanted poster for Frogatto?

A jukebox that works like our soda machine; put a coin in, and X plays
where X = any frogatto song, any frogatto song from the areas explored so far, or any unused frogatto song.

I coded up a bit of a jukebox in years past. Perhaps some of that could be salvaged, but I kind of doubt it. :-\

Something we’re technically missing, unless they’re supposed to be tiny: Cameras.
In one of the cutscenes, one of the kittes mention that Frogatto was spotted by their cameras.
Whether those do anything is up for discussion, and it may be scope creep to implement, but it’d be cool if some mechanical hazards stopped working if they were unable to see you.
Not all of them, though; the buzz-saw and the retracting spikes are purely timing-based, so those don’t count.

This idea would also leave us with an opportunity to have e.g. some optional challenges that are almost too hard to beat if you don’t disable the security.
Again, we have to be wary of scope creep, as it looks like this is crossing over to a different genre; but the idea does sound fun.

Heh, that’s pretty cool, though for localization reasons we’d be very wary of including text in any images. a big “WANTED” would probably be iconic enough to ignore this rule, but we could do something else anyway.
An exaggeratedly aggressive-looking picture of Frogatto, overlaid by a “NO” sign, would also work well.

[quote=“marcavis, post:6, topic:231”][quote author=em3 link=topic=329.msg1708#msg1708 date=1314282370]
In Jazz Jackrabbit there were this signposts “Rabbits stink” and posters “Kill this rabbit” with Jazz’s picture on them. Maybe a shout out to this with a wanted poster for Frogatto?
[/quote]
Heh, that’s pretty cool, though for localization reasons we’d be very wary of including text in any images. a big “WANTED” would probably be iconic enough to ignore this rule, but we could do something else anyway.
An exaggeratedly aggressive-looking picture of Frogatto, overlaid by a “NO” sign, would also work well.[/quote]
Maybe a picture of Frogatto in a red circle with a diagonal line through it, and a $ amount on the bottom.

YES. Make it a throwback to those ludicrous old-school propaganda posters. You know, the ones where they make the enemy look like some horrible monster.

In fact, you know what… here. My first-ever art submission for this project.

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/44712