Frogatto's World

Is there a world map which is used for designing levels and connecting story or quests even if it won’t be used in game level designers could design levels for world areas like artic area snow based levels, jungle area forest based levels etc. also towns in game can belong to these areas with their own tilesets and background it would be easier to improve the game and create new stories without changing much, sorry for asking questions I am new :slight_smile: but I like retro or pixel games and I like to help projects like this as I did before, I would like to see Frogatto & Friends as fully completed great game like Super Meatboy or Cave Story a great retro style gem

Hi there, always good to hear from people who are interested in contributing. :slight_smile:

The closest thing we have to a ‘world map’ is the ‘teleportation map’ that is already in-game.

If you’re interested in contributing I think that rather than worrying too much about making your level “fit in” somewhere, just be assertive and creative, make a cool level, and show it to us. If we like it I’m sure we’d be able to fit it in somewhere.

We are hoping to eventually have new environments such as snow/ice, and jungle, however with the level of detail we put in, each new environment takes a long time to complete. Right now our artists are focused on improving our existing environments, especially the forest area, which we think has a lot of potential.

We think that between grass/rocks, town, forest, cave, and castle environments there is already a lot to choose from!

David

Thats nice as we know every platform game has to have a snowy map :slight_smile: and slippery ice floors ,also maybe teleportation altar things should be explained in first tutorial level or by one of frogatto’s friends? Thanks :smiley:

I wanted to make the teleport-pedestal network something referred to by numerous NPCs, but which you have to complete a quest to finish. We didn’t have time to do it before 1.0, but we could now. Ideas are very welcome.

Hell - if you can just make a little side-track of difficult levels, we can pretty much stitch it on any number of places - and the teleport ability could be the reward down at the end of it.