Frogatto Soundtrack

The chip tunes, in moderation, will seal the deal. :O)

Also I got some new chiptune sounds. The sound quality, compared to what I’m used to working with, is very high. A lot of fun to compose with! It’s enabling me to go back and re-iterate older tracks with the sense of imagination worthy of frogatto. :smiley:

https://soundcloud.com/ryanreilly/frogattomorning < Outer space theme? or joyful frogatto cut scene? Or the music that plays when frogatto is taking a nap? Stage 1 theme? I don’t know.

This actually might work great for an idea I’ve been thinking of doing for some time now… I’ve long wanted to enhance the intro - right now, you hit the button, and the game just instantly starts, and frogatto yacks about waking up.

I’d honestly like to do something much more like chrono trigger; do sort of a “dream sequence”, and then a more gradual awakening, complete with a custom animation or two of frogatto snoozing, and stretching his arms. This would be the piece that plays during that.

[quote=“Jetrel, post:142, topic:114”]This actually might work great for an idea I’ve been thinking of doing for some time now… I’ve long wanted to enhance the intro - right now, you hit the button, and the game just instantly starts, and frogatto yacks about waking up.

I’d honestly like to do something much more like chrono trigger; do sort of a “dream sequence”, and then a more gradual awakening, complete with a custom animation or two of frogatto snoozing, and stretching his arms. This would be the piece that plays during that.[/quote]

I was going to suggest just that. I didn’t b/c I’ve already asked for too much. I am most greedy. :smiley: Glad it worked out. BeAUTEOUS

I was thinking about making a frogatto overture (starting from this material) that includes all the main themes in the game as an intro theme. We wouldn’t even have to make it too elaborate. though that may be overdoing things. It’d be nice to have an intro bit where frogatto is just lying in the bed, snoring or whatever and a piece of music plays in the background as he dreams about the great journey that awaits him.

I am thinking the title screen should be mute. When the player starts the game is when the music should begin. They should initiate it. Otherwise the music becomes more obtrusive than needs be.

Yeah, tbh, it’ll be pretty difficult to do. Dropping the music in is trivial; what will be difficult is figuring out how to do the panning shots, because I strongly suspect we’ll need more art - it’ll be really generally useful art, but it’ll still be “more art”.

Not only that, but I need to write up a good framework for doing scripted camera movement. That’ll also be tough to sort out.

It’ll all be tough, but I want the results pretty badly, so …

Me too. Definitely necessary at some point for that little extra polish. :smiley: That little polish will go a long way, methinks

I would love for this piece to play on a music box in frogatto’s house or something. A little in-game easter egg perhaps?? It’s an excerpt of a piece by Ravel… seems like something Frogatto might like to listen to in his free-time.

All of Ravel’s pieces are in public domain now. It might fit in the game, it might not. It’s probably a really stupid idea.

It’s not to my ears, which have listened to a lot of classical music, but haven’t gotten into Ravel yet, recognizable. For whatever that’s worth.

Something like this would indeed be a cute little easter egg. We can do it. :slight_smile:

Yet another stage 1 theme.

Going by the music, you’d think Frogatto only had a first stage. :?

Boss Battle.

[quote=“RyanReilly, post:148, topic:114”]Yet another stage 1 theme.

Going by the music, you’d think Frogatto only had a first stage. :?[/quote]

Around :30, this gets genius.

[quote=“RyanReilly, post:149, topic:114”]Boss Battle.

https://soundcloud.com/ryanreilly/frogattobossbattlespastic[/quote]

We need more boss music. This is awesome; moar plz.

What he said. ^

[size=8pt]If you liked this, you might like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrN8ZrCRdnQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/size]

[quote=“RyanReilly, post:135, topic:114”]Would this work as a victory theme?

https://soundcloud.com/ryanreilly/frogattodreamadventure1[/quote]

I can’t download this anymore! :’( Please upload it again - I was going to put this in to replace the current victory theme.

love it thanks for that

Frogatto fugue.

https://soundcloud.com/ryanreilly/frogatto-fugue

Clever; same piece, different instruments. :smiley:

The music box one would be kinda obvious (your earlier music box idea), the fugue one sounds like it could be a good chilled-out piece for a safer area. Or you’ve pulled it, so I guess we won’t use it, huh? Probably not a bad idea when they’re not just a reprise, but nearly identical.

This is the final version. And probably the final piece I’ll be submitting to the game

Do you mean the final piece as in ‘the final version of this track’, or do you mean the final piece as in ‘ever, nice knowing you’?

I am not leaving. I am just not writing any more music atm. I have to focus on paying projects. I’ve been pretty generous with my effort for this project so I don’t feel bad in trying to find other projects that have the potential to put food on the table. Does that offend you? Sorry but I gotta place priority on moving forward. I’ve tried leaving plenty of music to fill in the gaps in the meantime. :smiley: