Frogatto OST

Boss Music

I’ll upload some more videos tomorrow.

I hope you guys are alright with this. If not I’ll take the videos down.

World Map Music

I should have the rest of the music uploaded by tomorrow.

Knock yourself out! :wink:

Rock on, dude! We’re all in support of this.

I am thinking about making the soundtrack available to buy, via itunes or what not… just not sure if anyone would buy it. :smiley:

Actually, when you’re a single, identifiable person, with a direct connection to your fans, it’s much more likely for people to buy your stuff to support you. This is how (a relative few) webcomic artists are able to quit their jobs and do their thing fulltime. The key thing is that they have some very visible online presence, usually a blog bolted onto the front page of their webcomic, and they directly speak to the fans. It makes you a real person to your audience. Without this, they feel like they’re stealing from a “faceless corporation” - and that doesn’t feel bad to do.

The more public you get, as a personality, the more you will get personal fans, and personal fans do stuff like buying artbooks, or OSTs, or whatnot. I certainly think your work has “the spark” that makes it naturally deserve fandom. Hell, you occasionally posting pieces front-page on frogatto might be a good idea. Even if it’s not “finished, polished” stuff, people get a kick out of seeing the artistic process. We’d just have to figure out how to host them (music files are huge).

Anyways, with a CD, you’d be entitled to 100% of the profit from it, since it’s completely your work.

Since frogatto is somewhat of a continuing work, the best solution would be to put out “numbered” OSTs, such as OST 1, 2, etc. This way it’s accepted that it’s a growing, changing body of work.

Thanks, man :slight_smile:

It’d be nice to start building up a fan base. I need groupies! haha

Frogatto Volume 1, Volume 2, etc. It’d definitely be released in episodes as the themes will continually continue morphing. I have lots of ideas for musical styles that could change with each volume … kind of episodic. This could be damn fun!

Selling this via iTunes is a good idea… but if this was to happen, you have to remember to keep the pricing at a reasonable rate. I don’t mean to sound cheap or anything, but people are quite unlikely to pay $2.19 (the general cost for once song here) for one piece of this music (I don’t mean to insult the music, it’s great, but that’s just how I think it’d work).

In my opinion, the best way to get the music out there and make a little profit out of it would be to bundle up say 15 pieces, and sell them as a “Frogatto Soundtrack, Vol. 1” via this site for a small price ($3-$5)… Frogatto fans are more likely to check here than iTunes if they want their music. Though, that is, if that’s possible. It wouldn’t be practical to pay hundreds to get hosting for that.

I’m not sure if this is about making some money, or about getting the great music out there. If it’s just about getting music out, you could just put up 5 songs on the home page for free to download. If it’s about money, well, I don’t think personally that the music is the best way to earn some. An extended game - more levels, power-ups, enemies etc - available for a small price would probably work better.

Technically, all the songs are available in the ‘Music’ folder, inside the root frogatto folder.
All for the low, low price of free. :-X

Therefore, I think this would go best on iTunes. Best of luck with the sales, RyanReilly.

Haha, that is true the tunes can be found quite easily free of charge. :smiley: (DDR, IMMA KILL UUUUU!)

I might allow people to name their own price if I were to release an album for frogatto in volumes… or actually just forego that and possibly ‘sell’ the album for free online. I don’t know, going to have to think about this a little more. I am fairly proud of the soundtrack and hope people enjoy it. (but I would certainly enjoy it more if I were making large amounts of money off of it as well!)

$)

Thanks!

You inspired me, somehow, late last night, to design an in-game jukebox. In retrospect, this actually won’t help you at all, RyanReilly. However, I have an area for graphical display of cover art of which we currently have none. What would you think of a little in-game popup ad there, in the machine, telling people to go spend their money? It would be completely in-character for the jukebox, I think… they’re a traditional commercial venture. (The nickelodeon museum (not the TV channel, silly) in Revelstoke, B.C., has a bunch of really neat ones.)

Maybe the album could include a ‘making of’ interview, or a bonus track, or something.

Thoughts?

[quote=“DDR, post:11, topic:62”]You inspired me, somehow, late last night, to design an in-game jukebox.

Maybe the album could include a ‘making of’ interview, or a bonus track, or something.

Thoughts?[/quote]

Pretty killer idea. How/where would we implement this? Maybe a jukebox could be a reward unlocked through finding secret coins or killing a difficult boss? Personally I think we should implement a + game feature which allows frogatto to go back through the game with his acquired items, skills, etc from the very beginning. I was thinking the jukebox would be good to put in frogatto’s home after successfully completing the game…

Unfortunately I lost the rest of the songs I was going to upload a few months back.

If anyone else wants to upload the rest of the sound track onto youtube, go ahead.

Geez thanks. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would upload them to youtube… but I am too lazy atm. SHUX