Frogatto on Android

Hi all,

I would like to know does anybody have advice for compiling Frogatto for Android? I’ve tried the instructions on the Github wiki but I’m not sure if they’re complete or not? I can’t manage to get it to compile.

I’ve also tried .apks I’ve found and the game always downloads the data files and then crashes. Anyone have any experience with this? Or have a working .apk? I would like to play on a Samsung Galaxy S3

Cheers,
Feedelli

We plan to release Frogatto on android when 1.3 is released, which should be soon. And yes the instructions for building it yourself need some tweaking as the build process is a little bit of a moving target. The current apk’s are development builds. It’s strange that it crashes as it has been run successfully on an SGS3 before.

Cool,I didn’t know that! I’ll definitely purchase when it comes out for Android. And try to compile it myself :slight_smile:

I must have been using an old .apk or something.

Got it to build here after some slight tweaks (android platform versions and the like).

ex.
had to modifiy project.properties file to change “target=android-12” to “target=android-14” to fix this error:
error: Error: String types not allowed (at ‘configChanges’ with value ‘keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize’).

Also, crystax doesn’t ship android-12 platform, so used android-14 in most places. game still crashes, but it built ok.

Yeah I got it to build yesterday and runs okay. :slight_smile:
The texture frame buffer is working correctly now, so the lighting in nenes basement now works as it should.