Frogatto does not block screen saver and gamepad button issue

Hi!

As this is my first post on this forum, I would like to say Thank You to the developers - Frogatto is a real masterpiece of Open Source and, maybe, Retro Scene gaming! Unlike many other projects, it matured silently until 1.0 version and then BOOM! :).

Although, I would like to report two issues, both connected with gamepad.

• Gamepad signal is not treated as “input” in Windows and Frogatto does not block screen saver - therefore, while playing on the gamepad, player is forced to touch keyboard or move mouse to prevent screen saver.

• On the gamepad, button number 0 (or just first registered gamepad button) advance conversation subtitles, but I found it much too sensitive. When I’m trying to press it really gently, it skips few conversation sentences at once. It is really impossible to use it when player wants to read all conversations (like me :slight_smile: ) and again, forces player to use keyboard.

I’m playing under Windows 7. Is there something I can do to solve those problems? Please note, that I’m not a programmer :).

Thank you in the advance!

Hey, glad you like it!

The second issue is probably the same as other issues that are known about gamepads, and hopefully we’ll fix that in the next version. The first problem was not known, and is probably not too hard to fix, but we’ll have to look into it. It’s also possible you could fix the first problem yourself (at least by just turning off auto-screen-dimming), but I don’t know how, since I mainly use Mac and don’t have a gamepad.

Thank you for the answer.

It would be great if both problems could be solved. Right now I’m turning screen saver off when playing, it is not a problem.