Desert

I can’t help but notice that the desert on the Frogatto world map currently seems to be unused. Is it just there as a decoration? As a spur to future creativity? To make sure that there are unexplored regions of the island in the event of a Frogatto sequel?

I’m just wondering, that’s all.

[quote=“Temuchin Khan, post:1, topic:105”]I can’t help but notice that the desert on the Frogatto world map currently seems to be unused. Is it just there as a decoration? As a spur to future creativity? To make sure that there are unexplored regions of the island in the event of a Frogatto sequel?

I’m just wondering, that’s all.[/quote]

Emphasis mine.

We may or may not expand to include a “desert” region. Right now, there are more important additions to frogatto than additional environments.

I wasn’t thinking just additional environments. What if Milgram gives Frogatto a mission, seeing as how they’re on good terms now, and sends him to the desert? What if, for example, Milgram has some sort of an enemy in the desert?

Of course, working out a situation in which Milgram would send Frogatto instead of his goons would be a challenge…

Well that is what we mean by an “environment”. Making the desert would require new tile art, new props art, new background art, probably a bunch of new enemies. All of this would be nice but is a boat load of effort! We think for now we should focus on improving and polishing our existing environments rather than creating new ones.

David

That’s probably true. I have no problem with that. I just wanted to bring up some ideas about how the desert could be used, down the line, when the time comes. I’ll let it go.

Sure, and that’s fine. :slight_smile: Hopefully one day we will have a desert, it’s just not something we’re expecting in the next version. :slight_smile: