Central House Treasure Chest (contains spoilers)

Greetings,

After beating the game in a few hours (got it Sunday night, played maybe half-way through, slept, finished it the next morning), I’ve started to play it through again.

I’ve discovered that you can enter the fireplace in the Central House, and I’m trying to get to the treasure chest in the basement. Is it even possible to do so? I’ve tried to jump through the wall (figuring that it might have a passwall), but that method hasn’t gotten me anywhere. Of course, I only have two or three seconds to make an attempt because of the falling blocks, and have repeatedly failed to get up there at all.

Is it possible to legitimately reach this chest, or is it just put there to taunt everyone who finds their way into the basement?

Thanks,

• Bob

I’ve found the way in. So that future confused players who read this topic won’t be disappointed by yet another “found it no need for help” reply, that does nothing towards aiding them, I’ll give this hint – look at the layout of the arrow blocks. It’s a big clue as to how you get to the treasure chest.

• Bob

I see that is working exactly as intended…