A nintendo DS version can be done?

My question is about a posibily of have froggato on nintendo ds hardware?
Very hard? what can we do for it?
thanks!

In order to port frogatto to the nintendo DS, you’d basically have to rewrite, and redraw, the whole game. The screen on the DS is MUCH smaller than frogatto’s. It’s only 292x192, compared to 480x320 for the iPhone version (unless you actually use both screens for the live view of the game, which most games don’t - they make the lower screen an inventory/map/status screen). Plus, the DS just has some severe memory limitations; we couldn’t draw all the stuff we currently draw to the screen, at the same time, on the DS.

You’re welcome to try. If anyone can prototype a working port, we’re interested in doing business. I just don’t think it’s remotely possible.

Why so hard? if make a redefinition of resolution it can be, there in nintendo ds be games more extreme graphically supermario 64.

Why so hard? Because it took a lot of optimization to get it running well on the iPhone without compromising anything. And the DS has MUCH MUCH worse stats than the iPhone. Plus the lower resolution. So it wouldn’t be possible without compromising anything. So yeah, it’d be really hard. Like, nearly as hard as just making a new game.

We’ve done the research, we’ve spent years learning how to program, and we think we know what we’re talking about.

Like we said - if someone thinks they can actually do it, be our guest. But the proof is in action, not words. Unless you can actually make a working DS port, shut up and take our word for why it’s impossible.

If you think it’s trivial to do - well then, have at it Hoss.

do not be so rude, it was only a doubt, I am very clear with the above answer, sorry if I offended you somehow. i just think froggato is great!

It’s alright, man. It’s just that we don’t have the resources available for good DS port of the game. We all worked very hard on this game so we want it to do well in as many formats as possible but we also must be practical… Anyone ever heard of Steam?

That white stuff people used to run trains with? Never heard of it.

U r silly. XD

Steam is a website where games can be sold. I am not sure if Frogatto is eligible for this.

Actually I’d be more interested in a Nintendo Wii port than a DS port. The main problem is that Nintendo is very restrictive about who they license their platforms to.

Even a DS port might be technically possible, but who would publish it?

Yes, I emailed them a while ago and they aren’t interested in publishing Frogatto on Steam.

David

MEH. ;D

oh

I’ve never used a Wii (or any other console bar DS), but aren’t they where you’re meant to move around to control the game? If so, how would that work with Frogatto?

The Wii also supports traditional control schemes and many games use it.