This is a bit of a laundry list, I’m sorry. But I’m just getting everything I find that seems significant. Note that I’m probably going off of some of my biases as a gamer sometimes so I might not be the best person to be testing all this. Either way…hopefully it will be some help! I’ll update as I go along.
(This is on…I think the latest version of Frogatto? Might be a little outdated, though I updated with git not too long ago. This is surely latest anura.)
- Tutorial is too wordy.
- Chest opening effects are a little bugged.
- Low HP warning (heartbeat) is too obtrusive.
- Great introduction to how keys work.
- Splash Hop is rather hard for a second ‘level’.
- Shooting an enemy against an invincible enemy should kill the spat enemy.
- Save before stonepipe flats should be moved to the beginning of stonepipe flats.
- When loading the player’s save/reviving player, the player should not have to start with half a heart!
- Big black splotch in Stonepipe Flats
- Dash-jump roll caused me to fall off a platform at one point.
- Wallgrabbing is…eh. I dunno. Needs work?
- Rock-o-Fort lags my computer. (Cave area)
- There’s no way to see your money.
- Cave entrences/exits are kinda hard to notice sometimes.
- Dieing right after loading causes the game to boot you back to the titlescreen.
- The player-NPC dialogs are funny. I like 'em.
- As a suggestion, it would be cool to have directional super-projectiles.
- Oh, and I fired a superfireball at a flying plant. The game crashed. Don’t know why.
EDIT: Changed second entry.